Winter Project

I am a gardener. When the weather is good, as it is about 8 or 9 months of the year in Alabama, I am outside. So during the winter months, (which don't last long!) I try to get an indoor project or two done. 
Kitchen Before
First I updated the living room (read about that HERE). The kitchen was nice. There were LOTS of cabinets and storage and a lot of brown, and tan and beige.

Kitchen Before
I would love to have white cabinets, but I knew that was a major project that I just didn't have the money time or energy to do yet. So I started with painting the walls of course. I researched kitchens on Pinterest and knew I wanted blue. So I bought several samples to test.
Blue samples above the window.
I tested the sample in three different spots and finally decided on a color and began to paint.
Gorgeous Blue
The blue was perfect! And in fact, it looked good enough with the brown cabinets that I am temporarily ok with not having them painted.
Seeing the Blue next to the cabinets for the first time.
The first wall is complete.
*smile*
My open shelves 

Did I mention that our kitchen joins our study?


Read about our house search HERE.

Labels: ,